With over 300 million users worldwide, Instagram is one of the fastest growing and most relevant social media platforms today. So why do businesses still not use it as a means of marketing and connecting with their clients?
The simple answer is they are unsure how best to use Instagram. Once businesses do start strategically using the picture based social media platform, the vast majority see an instant increase in interaction and referrals to their websites.
So here are some simple tips to help you on your #Instajourney.
- Use images/videos that not only sell a product, but sell your brand – who you want to be and the vibe you want to create.
- Post content at least once a week (of the Interbrand Top 100 Brands 86 are Instagram users and 73% of these post at least once a week).
- Keep it short and sweet. Under 140 characters is a good guide and has the added bonus of being Twitter compatible.
- Hashtag clever. Check out what hashtags competitors are using. Think about the audience you want to reach and the action you want them to take. There are no limits to the number of hashtags you can use, but seven or less would be a good guide.
- Connect. Research has shown that posts which tag other users experience 56% more engagement. While posts that tag a location earn 79% more engagement.
And finally, don’t be afraid to experiment. Instagram is the home of creative content with posts showing everything from holiday destinations to homemade baking. Work out a formula that works for your brand and your followers and, if you’re not already including Instagram in your marketing strategy, get doing it now. #Instagram #Instamarketing #Instafun
Contact Communications Hub for more information on how to effectively market your brand on social media.